This Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Advanced Class is offered to give additional training to current CIT personnel at criminal justice agencies across the state of Washington. This training is eight hours in length and includes CIT program update, Sequential Intercept Model Review, advanced mock scenario training, specialized training topics, and a CIT officer liability session. There will be refreshments provided and lunch will be an immersion lunch with individuals with disabilities from Rainier School in Buckley, WA.
- Successful completion of any CIT 40-HR Basic
Who can attend our classes?
- Law enforcement officers and deputies within the state of Washington that have successfully completed a CIT 40-HR Basic course. If a CIT, Advanced sponsored by King County, overtime/backfill reimbursement may be available for fully commissioned officers. Check individual listing for details.
- Criminal justice, fire, mental health providers, and other emergency responders, that have successfully completed a CIT 40-HR Basic, if space is available.
Dress Code and Identification:
- Uniform, agency logo clothing, or business casual attire is appropriate for attending a WSCJTC class.
- Visible official ID is recommended (badges/agency IDs) while on campus.
- Off Campus classes may have dress requirements in the student instructions.
- Check Schedule, Days Vary
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
seven (7) days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 for late cancellations and no shows, or course fee, whichever is greater.