The Blue Courage Academy is a four-day workshop that educates attendees to be able to deliver the two-day workshop to their organization. Attendees are given all necessary supporting materials to successfully teach Blue Courage and impact fellow law enforcement professionals.
Blue Courage: The Heart and Mind of the Guardian is an education process designed to ensure the development of a highly evolved police officer who is prepared at any moment to reflect the best of what policing demands. It draws on relevant, proven literature and research on human effectiveness, positive psychology, leadership development, and neuroscience.
It is a process designed to:
- Address cynicism, relationship, identity, integrity, health and stress.
- Develop mental toughness, allowing for the essential resilience officers and leaders must have
- Instill a sense of and commitment to the purpose and nobility of policing.
- Develop a culture of learning, critical thinking, open-mindedness, tolerance, and healthy curiosity
- Develop a moral compass and the requisite courage to do the right thing in any circumstance.
Who can attend our classes?
- Law Enforcement and Public Safety Personnel
Dress Code and Identification:
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
WSCJTC Standard Cancellation Policy:
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
seven (7) days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 for no shows and late cancellations (less than 7 days), or course fee, whichever is greater.
- Last Day to Cancel: April 6th, 2015
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
How to Apply:
Online Registration-LMS (Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
Questions: Contact LMS Help Desk |
Out of State Personnel: Application
Course, Program or Policy Questions:
Operations Division Manager
||Start & End Date
||October 09 -12, 2017
19010 First Ave S
Burien WA 98148
|Open / $650