The following classes are designed for Private Security and Bail Bond Firearms Instructors. You will be required to download the application below and send it to us to attend these courses.
Applications are on a first come, first served basis Students are required to pass a range skills test and the final exam with a score of 85% or better.
Classes will be cancelled if enrollment is low. To ensure the class is not cancelled, please submit your application materials in as far advance as possible. Fees are non-refundable.
DRESS CODE & IDENTIFICATION:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus. Offsite locations will list agency ID and classroom attire in student instructions.
- Shotgun Instructor Manual Review.
- Shotgun deployment & manipulation exercises.
- Shotgun Marksmanship Qualifications.
- Introduce participants to contemporary techniques & theories for instruction.
REQUIRED equipment for EACH student:
- Agency-issued/approved shotgun pump or semi-auto, with sling and side saddle or other spare ammunition storage device capable of being attached to the weapon. All applicants should bring a duplicate spare shotgun.
- Duty handgun and Patrol duty belt with minimum of 3 magazines.
- Dummy training shotgun with sling (red or blue-ASP or Ring's).
- Eye protection (including clear glasses for night firing).
- Hearing protection - electronic headphones and earplugs.
- Copy of your agency's firearms policies.
- One duty flashlight and one backup.
- Weapon cleaning equipment.
- BDU type pants with cargo pockets.
- Baseball cap.
- Body armor.
REQUIRED AMMUNITION: (Recertification Course)
- 10 dummy shotgun rounds.
- 250 roun