Private Security (PS) Certified Firearms Instructors are made up of a cadre of individuals that currently work for security companies and/or law enforcement agencies.
To become an instructor, individuals must meet the mission and values of the WSCJTC and uphold the rules set forth in WAC 139-37. Instructors that are unable to meet these program policies and WAC 139-37 will be removed from the instructor cadre.
PS Certified Firearms Instructors follow a set curriculum created by the WSCJTC and any instructor not following the Firearms Certificate Training Process can be reported to WSCJTC at
Individuals are welcome to apply to become a PS Certified Firearms Instructor if they are currently working for a security or enforcement agency, currently working for a firearms training company, or other entity firearms instructor (e.g. NRA, Oregon DPSST, Idaho POST).
If you are interested in any of our PS Certified Instructor classes, please click on one of the schedule links below to view application requirements, fees, and other information pertaining to the specific class.
PS Certified Handgun Instructor Class Schedule
PS Certified Rifle Instructor Class Schedule
PS Certified Shotgun Instructor Class Schedule
Blended Security Instructor/Law Enforcement Classes: Please check back if no classes are scheduled at this time.
Level 1 Scoped Rifle Instructor (LE/PS), Course #2326
Mental Mechanics of the Shot (LE/PS), Course #2327
2320 & 2322 Firearms Instructor Initial & Recert Class Shooting Forms
2323 & 2321 Shotgun Instructor Initial & Recert Class Shooting Forms
2324 & 2325 Rifle Instructor Initial & Recert Class Shooting Forms
For Instructors: Qualification targets can be obtained in the full and half size from the following companies:
- Completed qualification test forms are to be given to the students or their agencies.
- Do not mail in student forms to the WSCJTC.
- You must use the 2018 versions of all forms. These will be the only accepted forms effective August 1, 2018.
- ALL training attendance rosters are to be submitted to
within 72 hours after completion of firearms certificate training.
- You may review our PS Instructor Program Policies at this link.
- Licensees – All guards, investigators, and bail bond recovery agents that hold current firearms certificates with their armed licenses must recertify on all firearms they use in the course of their duties annually prior to license expiration.
- If any of your details have changed on our current directory, please submit this Instructor Update Form (Updated September 2018) by email to
Action Targets: This company stocks the standard, half, and quarter size targets to accommodate your range environment if you do not see the product you want in the online catalog, call them and they will produce the target for you.
WA State Dept. of Printing General Store: Create new user account, an assortment of targets can be found under the Criminal Justice Training Commission agency link in the store.
Washington State Patrol’s Criminal History Unit
Washington State Patrol's Criminal History Training
Washington State Department of Licensing / Phone: 360-664-6611
Revised September 2018