Overtime/Backfill Reimbursement: NEW!
This 40-hour Crisis Intervention Team Training class is designed to educate law enforcement officers on becoming a Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) officer.
The course will cover;
- The legal aspects of mental health commitments
- Liability issues
- Mental disorders ( including indicators of mental illness)
- Understanding mental illness
- The interpersonal relations necessary to effectively work with the mentally ill and their families
- The mental health system
- Intervention strategies for dealing with both low and high risk situations.
Students may participate in role playing scenarios during this class. Each training class will contain specific details related to training in the student instructions.
Backfill / Overtime Instructions: Instructions
Who can attend our classes?
- Law enforcement officers and deputies within the state of Washington.
- Criminal justice, fire, mental health providers, and other emergency responders if space is available.
Dress Code and Identification:
- Uniform, agency logo clothing, or business casual attire is appropriate for attending a WSCJTC class.
- Visible official ID is recommended (badges/agency IDs) while on campus.
- Off Campus classes may have dress requirements in the student instructions.
- Overtime/Backfill Reimbursement is available for CIT 40-HR Statewide Basic classes.
- OT/Backfill Reimbursement for Statewide CIT Training are listed below;
- After completion of the training - the student's agency should submit an invoice to CJTC requesting overtime/backfill. The invoice must list the name of the student and the class dates. After verification of the student's attendance the reimbursement request will be submitted for payment.
- Dates Vary, Check Schedule
- Deadline: Notify the registrar via email
seven (7) days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 for late cancellations and no shows
How to Apply:
Law Enforcement: Online Registration-LMS (Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
Questions: Contact LMS Help Desk |
Non Law Enforcement: Application
Course, Program or Policy Questions
Rev Nov 2017
||Start & End Date
||December 11 -15, 2017
||Cascade Mental Health Care
2428 W. Reynolds Ave, Centralia
|Cancelled / None
||February 12 -16, 2018
||Tacoma Police Department
3701 South Pine Street, Tacoma
|Open / None
||March 19 -23, 2018
||Everett Police Department - South Precinct
1121 SE Everett Mall Way, Everett
|Open / None