Overtime/Backfill Reimbursement: NEW!
This 40-hour Crisis Intervention Team Training class is designed to educate law enforcement officers on issues related to becoming a Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) officer.
The course will cover the legal aspects of mental health commitments; liability issues; mental disorders; indicators of mental illness; understanding mental illness; documentation; the interpersonal relations necessary to effectively work with the mentally ill, their families, and the mental health system; and intervention strategies for dealing with both low and high risk situations.
Students may participate in role playing scenarios during this class. Each training class will contain specific details related to training in the student instructions.
Who can attend our classes?
- Law enforcement officers and deputies within the state of Washington.
- Criminal justice, fire, mental health providers, and other emergency responders if space is available.
Dress Code and Identification:
- Uniform, agency logo clothing, or business casual attire is appropriate for attending a WSCJTC class.
- Visible official ID is recommended (badges/agency IDs) while on campus.
- Off Campus classes may have dress requirements in the student instructions.
- Overtime/Backfill Reimbursement is available for CIT 40-HR Statewide Basic classes. Please use the instructions and reimbursement form for details and submission of a reimbursement request.
- OT/Backfill Reimbursement for Statewide CIT Training: Instructions
- OT/Backfill Reimbursement for Statewide CIT Training : Reimbursement Form
- Dates Vary, Check Schedule
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
seven (7) days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 for late cancellations and no shows
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting lis