Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to: Conduct commentary drives and remedial driver training; Instruct students in the laws of physics relating to vehicle motions, which affects vehicle operation; and Identify common driving errors, improper attitudes and unsafe driving techniques. Student will use other driving equipment such “Skid Car”, “Skid Monster”, PIT and Night drives. Students will receive a certificate of completion from the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission. Any necessary lodging and meal arrangements, and the costs incurred thereby, will be the responsibility of the applicant and/or their agency.
- Marked police vehicle
- Open face Helmet (DOT approved)
- 1 extra tire/wheel
- Flashlight (large and small)
- Reflective vest (Yellow)
- Engine oil, transmission and coolant fluids
- Rain gear
- Bottled Water
- Laptop and power cord
- Small ice chest
- Baseball cap
Prerequisite: Yes; successful completion of Instructor Development (CJTC 2001).
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
Cost: To be determined
Cancellation/ No Show:
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
seven (7) days prior to class.
- Cancellation Fee: If a student cancels within the 7 day window (1 week prior to class) they will have a $50 cancellation fee. If a student is a “No Show” their agency will be charged the full course fee.
- Hours Vary
- Monday thru Friday
- Dates and Locations listed below
*Is this class full or not available? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
WSCJTC LMS – Please contact your Training Manager to get registered online via LMS for this course.
Registration status does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class, and you will receive a notice at that time.
Registration or Course Questions:
Interested in hosting a course or teaching?
Contact the Program Manager:
Rev May 2019