Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to: Conduct commentary drives and remedial driver training; Instruct students in the laws of physics relating to vehicle motions, which affects vehicle operation; and Identify common driving errors, improper attitudes and unsafe driving techniques. Student will use other driving equipment such “Skid Car”, “Skid Monster”, PIT and Night drives. Students will receive a certificate of completion from the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission. Any necessary lodging and meal arrangements, and the costs incurred thereby, will be the responsibility of the applicant and/or their agency.
- Marked police vehicle
- Open face Helmet (DOT approved)
- 1 extra tire/wheel
- Flashlight (large and small)
- Reflective vest (Yellow)
- Engine oil, transmission and coolant fluids
- Rain gear
- Bottled Water
- Laptop and power cord
- Small ice chest
- Baseball cap
Prerequisite: Yes; successful completion of Instructor Development (CJTC 201).
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus.
Cancelation/ No Show:
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Monday thru Friday
- Dates and Locations listed below