Mental Health First Aid for Criminal Justice is an education program that will teach law enforcement personnel to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. Mental Health First Aid USA is managed, operated, and disseminated by three national authorities — the National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare, the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, and the Missouri Department of Mental Health. The Mental Health First Aid for Criminal Justice class is taught to law enforcement audiences around the country including academies in Missouri and Rhode Island and sheriff's offices and police departments in Maryland.
The Mental Health First Aid for Criminal Justice is offered to present an overview of mental illness and substance use disorders in the U.S. and introduces participants to risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems, builds understanding of their impact, and overviews common treatments. As Mental Health First Aiders students will learn a 5-step action plan encompassing the skills, resources and knowledge to help an individual in crisis connect with appropriate professional, peer, social, and self-help care.
Who can attend our classes?
- Open to all law enforcement agencies in the State of Washington.
- Commissioned law enforcement personnel from agencies in King County Only, are eligible for OT/Backfill Reimbursement at a rate of $55/hour per King CO MIDD Contract.
- Overtime/Backfill Reimbursement Form: Click Here
Dress Code and Identification:
- Uniform, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for attending a WSCJTC class.
- Visible official ID is recommended (badges/agency IDs) while on campus.
- Off Campus classes may have dress requirements in the student instructions.
- One Day
- Dates Vary, Check Schedule
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
seven (7) days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 for No shows and Late cancellations
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Cou