This class is provided in accordance with the Mental Illness and Drug Dependency (MIDD) Plan strategy #10a – Crisis Intervention Training Program for King County Sheriff, Police, Jail Staff, and Other First Responders.
This is an 8-hour class to educate law enforcement officers on issues related to Crisis Intervention. The course is designed to provide training to law enforcement professionals to use appropriate force options when dealing with someone in mental health crisis.
This class will combine hands-on physical force options training and classroom lecture
Options will include resource options and full spectrum force options to include:
- isolate and contain
- avoid engaging
- de-escalation tactics
- physical control tactics
- less lethal
- deadly force
Equipment Needs (Required and Optional):
All students are required to bring:
- Duty belt with belt keepers
- Taser holster
- Civilian type shirt/jacket to wear when concealing weapons in waistline
Optional equipment needs: mock duty weapon ONLY if carry something other than a Glock, mat shoes, knee pads, mouth piece, and light duty gloves.
Overtime / Backfill Reimbursement
- Students that have taken at least 8 hours of tactical communications, Verbal Judo, de-escalation techniques, CIT related or any other communication type classes.
Who can attend our classes?
- Open to all law enforcement officers and deputies in the State of Washington who meet the pre-requisites.
Dress Code and Identification:
- Uniform, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for attending a WSCJTC class.
- Visible official ID is recommended (badges/agency IDs) while on campus.
- Off Campus classes may have dress requirements in the student instructions.
- Trainings held outside of King County –Statewide- will NOT have meals provided due to funding.
- One Day
- Dates Vary, Check Schedule
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
seven (7) days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 for no shows and late cancellations.
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
There is no test for this class.
How to Apply:
Law Enforcement: Online Registration-LMS (Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
Questions: Contact LMS Help Desk |
Non Law Enforcement: Application
Course, Program or Policy Questions
Rev Jun 2016
||Start & End Date
||October 11, 2016
19010 1st. Ave S Burien, WA
|Open / None
||November 03, 2016
19010 1st. Ave