This class is provided in accordance with the Mental Illness and Drug Dependency (MIDD) Plan strategy #10a – Crisis Intervention Training Program for King County Sheriff, Police, Jail Staff, and Other First Responders.
This is an 8-hour class to educate law enforcement officers on issues related to Crisis Intervention. The course is designed to provide training to law enforcement professionals to use appropriate force options when dealing with someone in mental health crisis.
This class will combine hands-on physical force options training and classroom lecture
Options will include resource options and full spectrum force options to include:
- isolate and contain
- avoid engaging
- de-escalation tactics
- physical control tactics
- less lethal
- deadly force
Required to bring:
- Duty belt with belt keepers
- Taser holster
- Civilian type shirt/jacket to wear when concealing weapons in waistline
Optional to bring
- Mock duty weapon ONLY if carring something other than a Glock
- Mat shoes
- Knee pads
- Mouth piece
- Light duty gloves
Overtime / Backfill Reimbursement
- Students that have taken at least 8 hours of tactical communications, Verbal Judo, de-escalation techniques, CIT related or any other communication type classes.
Who can attend our classes?
- Open to all law enforcement officers and deputies in the State of Washington who meet the pre-requisites.
Dress Code and Identification:
- Uniform, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for attending a WSCJTC class.
- Visible official ID is recommended (badges/agency IDs) while on campus.
- Off Campus classes may have dress requirements in the student instructions.
- One Day
- Dates Vary, Check Schedule
- Deadline: 7 days prior to class notify the registrar via email
- Fee: $50 for no shows and late cancellations.
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
WSCJTC LMS – Please contact your Training Manager to get registered online via LMS for this course.
Registration status does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class, and you will receive a notice at that time.
Registration or Course Questions:
Interested in hosting a course or teaching?
Contact the program Manager:
Name: Rachelle Wright
Title: Program Manager
||Start & End Date
||January 31, 2018
19010 1st Ave S, Burien