Master Control/Defensive Tactics Instructor Recertification is a 40-hour comprehensive tactics review course for currently certified MI’s. Throughout the week-long review emphasis is placed on proper psychomotor skills involved in Control/Defensive tactics instruction. Within this class the participant is required to perform a wide range of C/DT skills, participate in classroom discussion involving current theories in psycho-motor skills instruction, training issues in C/DT and decisions regarding future direction of academy level training.
Specific areas covered in this course:
- Control Tactics.
- Defensive Tactics.
- Impact Weapon Tactics.
- Ground survival Tactics.
- Principles of motor performance, and motor learning as they relate to skill instruction and testing.
- Guest instructor presentation on relevant information.
Master Instructor Recertification course should be attended every year in order to avoid decertification leading to additional training hours to regain MI status.
Prerequisite: Master Instructor BASIC Certification Course #2070
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 or course fee, whichever is greater.
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Dates and locations listed below
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
WSCJTC Application Form (Word)
WSCJTC Application Form (PDF)
(The free Adobe Acrobat Reader is required for the PDF version)
Submit Applications to:
Valerie Jenkins, Registrar