Master Control/Defensive Tactics Instructor Basic is an 80-hour comprehensive tactics review course designed to develop instructor trainer abilities. This course is the final course after completion of all Criminal Justice Training Commission Control and Defensive Tactics classes and involves participation in the instruction of Control Tactics instructor under the close supervision of veteran MI’s as a portion of the course. Within this class the participant is given time to develop their outline for the production of the required video project. Throughout a week-long review process, emphasis is placed on proper psychomotor skills involved in Control/Defensive tactics instruction, theoretical background to develop agency or regional specific Field Instructor programs.
Specific areas covered in this course:
- Review of all psychomotor skills contained in the prerequisite classes.
- Control Tactics
- Defensive Tactics
- Impact Weapon Tactics
- Ground survival Tactics
- Principles of motor performance, and motor learning as they relate to skill instruction and testing.
- Appropriate method of safe class conduct including awareness of environmental conditions relative to the specific class content of a PMS training session.
- Development of field instructors
- Management of curriculum development
- Observation analysis and mentoring of new field instructors
To maintain a master instructor certification the individual must attend the annual 40-hour MI re-certification. Master Instructor Certification is required for "Use of Force Instructor" certification (firearms instructor and C/DT instructor combination).
Prerequisite: Current employment in the criminal justice field and completion of all DT courses:
- Level One Instructor Course #2071
- Impact Weapons Instructor Course #2073
- Firearms Retention and Disarming Instructor Course #2074
- Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint Instructor Course #2075
- Level 2 Instructor Course #2076
- OC Spray Instructor Course #2079
- Ground Survival Tactics Instructor Course #2187
- Advanced Concepts in Motor Learning and Performance for Motor Skill Instructors Course #2067
Due to the physical nature of the class participants should be able to pass:
- Students will need to pass a physical ability test. The requirements have changed, please Click Here for the new requirements.
- 30 6-count Burpees in 3 minutes or less
Recertification: Students must complete Master Recertification Instructor Course #2170 every year to maintain their Master Instructor Certification.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 or course fee, whichever is greater.
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Dates and locations listed below
***Is this class full or not available????