The VNR Instructor class is a 24-hour instructor course that develops the participant to deliver VNR training to line officers. The participant learns the components of the VNR system instruction and application, including the legal and medical research that documents the safety and effectiveness of the VNR system.
The participant will learn and understand:
- The situations that allow for the application of this unique type of physical force
- Proper psychomotor skills involved in VNR application
- Proper means of instruction and testing
- Theoretical background supporting this system
- What differentiates VNR from other similar tactics used throughout the country
- History and development
- Use-of-Force concepts, federal, state, and departmental
- Physiology and medical implications of neck restraints
- In-custody Deaths
- Mechanics of control and techniques
- Integrated Training methods using of the Impact Resistant Suit for dynamic high-speed training
- Defensive Tactics Instructor Course #2076.
- Students will need to pass a physical ability test. The requirements have changed, please click here for the new requirements.
- 30 6-count Burpees in 3 minutes or less
Dress Code & Identification:
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
Recertification Course: Vascular Neck Restraint Instructor Recertification 2175—this course is 8 hours in length and should be attended within 3 years of last certification.
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Dates and Locations listed below
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
||Start & End Date
||February 12 -14, 2019
19010 1st Ave S
Burien WA 98148
|Open / $275