Ground Survival Tactics Instructor is a 24-hour course designed to develop skills for a “grounded” assault on the officer.
Within this class the participant will learn and understand:
- The principles of Ground Survival Tactics
- Targeting principles
- Proper psychomotor skills involved in their employment
- How the various components of Level Two and Three Tactics are applied to these serious and potentially life threatening situations
The participant will understand:
- The guidelines that allow for the use of this level of force
- Proper means of instruction and testing
- Theoretical background to analyze other similar programs in order to develop agency specific programs
- Overview GST Tactics principles and concepts
- Supine Striking Tactics and Drills
- Physiology of a ground fight
- Training equipment needs; equipment list
- Gun Retention and Disarming in a ground fight
- Disarm attempts and Use Of Force
This course is designed to promote techniques for self-protection that effectively and efficiently deal with aggravated-assault level resistors.
Prerequisite: Defensive Tactics Instructor Course #2076, additionally due to the physical nature of this class and in order to minimize injury and fatigue during the week long course participants should be able to preform:
Dress Code & Identification:
- Physical ability test. The requirements have changed, please click here for the new requirements.
- 30 6-count Burpees in 3 minutes or less
- 35 Sit-Ups in 1 minute
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 or course fee, whichever is greater.
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Dates and Locations listed below
Recertification Course: Ground Survival Tactics Instructor Recertification Course #2287 is 8 hours in length
and should be attended within 3 years of last certification.
How to Apply:
Online Registration-LMS (Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
Questions: Contact LMS Help Desk |
Sacheie Coaxum |
Course, Program or Policy Questions:
Bob Bragg |
Revised April 2016
||Start & End Date
||June 13 -15, 2016
||Spokane Police Training Center
2302 N Waterworks St
Spokane WA 99212
|Open / $325 &nbs|