Ground Survival Tactics Instructor is a 24-hour course designed to develop skills for a “grounded” assault on the officer.
Within this class the participant will learn and understand:
- The principles of Ground Survival Tactics
- Targeting principles
- Proper psychomotor skills involved in their employment
- How the various components of Level Two and Three Tactics are applied to these serious and potentially life threatening situations
The participant will understand:
- The guidelines that allow for the use of this level of force
- Proper means of instruction and testing
- Theoretical background to analyze other similar programs in order to develop agency specific programs
- Overview GST Tactics principles and concepts
- Supine Striking Tactics and Drills
- Physiology of a ground fight
- Training equipment needs; equipment list
- Gun Retention and Disarming in a ground fight
- Disarm attempts and Use Of Force
This course is designed to promote techniques for self-protection that effectively and efficiently deal with aggravated-assault level resistors.
Prerequisite: Defensive Tactics Instructor Course #2076, additionally due to the physical nature of this class and in order to minimize injury and fatigue during the week long course participants should be able to preform:
- Physical ability test. The requirements have changed, please click here for the new requirements.
- 30 6-count Burpees in 3 minutes or less
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 or course fee, whichever is greater.
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Dates and Locations listed below
Recertification Course: Ground Survival Tactics Instructor Recertification Course #2287 is 8 hours in length
and should be attended within 3 years of last certification.
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.