Oleoresin Spray Instructor class is a 24 hour class that is designed to promote safe and efficacious selection and use of OC spray. The participant will learn and understand:
- The situations that allow for the proper use OC
- Tactics and techniques of OC application
- Proper means of instruction and testing
- Theoretical background to analyze OC Products in order to make recommendations to agency administrators
- Additionally the Participant will be aware of the probable medical implications associated with the use of OC spray
The areas specifically covered are:
- Anatomy of The Eye, Lungs, and Skin
- Delivery Systems
- Effects of OC
- Use of Force issues
- Tactics of standing and grounded OC application
- Control Tactics Follow-Up Procedures
- Clean-Up Procedures
- OC Spray Selection
- Practical Exercises
Prerequisite: Level One Instructor Course #2071—OC Spray is a control tactic and it must be integrated with
other physical control level tactics
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus
Recertification: OC Spray Tactics Instructor Recertification Course #2179 is an on-line course and should be
attended within 3 years of last certification. It does not require exposure to OC.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 or course fee, whichever is greater.
WSCJTC Application Form (Word)
WSCJTC Application Form (PDF)
(The free Adobe Acrobat Reader is required for the PDF version)
Submit Applications to: