Control Tactics Instructor is an 80-hour comprehensive control tactics course designed to promote safe and efficacious use of control level force. This course is the prerequisite for all other physical force tactics classes and contains instructor development as a portion of the course.
Within this class the participant learns:
- The components of Control Tactics application
- Instruction and testing
- The participant also identifies situations that allow for the application of reasonable physical force.
- Emphasis is placed:
- On proper psychomotor skills involved in Control Level force employment
- Proper means of instruction
- Theoretical background to analyze and develop agency specific programs which serves as a basis for subsequent physical force tactics classes.
Specific areas covered in this course:
- Control Point Tactics
- Joint Manipulation Control Tactics
- Hair-hold Control Tactics
- Handcuff Application Tactics
- Basic principles of information reception and processing styles
- Motor performance motor learning as they relate to skill instruction and testing
- Appropriate method of safe class conduct including awareness of environmental conditions relative to the specific class content of a PMS training session
- Components of learning goals and performance objectives and the appropriate use of each
- The ADDIE process and basic concepts of program development and implementation.
- Students must read and answer questions for each chapter in the text:
- Students will need to pass a physical ability test. The requirements have changed, please click here for the new requirements.
- 30 6-count Burpees in 3 minutes or less
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus
Recertification: Level One Instructor Recertification Course #2171, is 32 hours in length and should be attended within 3 years of last certification.
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Two weeks Monday-Friday
- Dates and locations listed below
WSCJTC Application Form (Word)
WSCJTC Application Form (PDF)
(The free Adobe Acrobat Reader is required for the PDF version)
Submit Applications to:
Valerie Jenkins, Registrar