Crisis Intervention Team-Youth, is an 8-hour class, designed to train police officers and mental health experts who have already been trained in the 40 hour, adult CIT model, and who have a role in CIT training in their department or region. This course will use the new youth-focused curriculum and add valuable tools to the CIT trained personnel at your department.
CIT – Youth is a, 8-hour curriculum that addresses critical youth specific topics including:
- Adolescent development principles
- Youth mental health symptoms and disorders
- Crisis de-escalation and interventions skills and communication techniques
- Local service and resources linkages for youth (e.g., mental health and crisis)
CIT was developed by law enforcement for law enforcement.
Breaks and lunch may be provided for students attending this course.
Special Instructions #1:
- Commissioned law enforcement personnel will receive backfill reimbursement for their attendance at this training based on a backfill rate of $55/hour per MIDD contract. Agencies must complete a backfill reimbursement form to be eligible for the reimbursement. Lunch and breaks will be provided while attending this class as noted in the MIDD contract.
Overtime/Backfill for King County agencies only.
Special Instructions #2:
- King CSO personnel submit reimbursement forms directly to King CSO Advanced Training Office.
- Form listed below.
Overtime / Backfill Reimbursement
- Must have successfully completed a Crisis Intervention Team Training, Basic, 40HR, or other type of de-escalation type training (King County or Statewide).
Who can attend our classes?
- Open to agency personnel that have successfully completed a Crisis Intervention Team Training, Basic, 40HR (King County or Statewide).
Dress Code and Identification:
- Uniform, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for attending a WSCJTC class.
- Visible official ID is recommended (badges/agency IDs) while on campus.
- Off Campus classes may have dress requirements in the student instructions.
- One Day
- Dates Vary, Check Schedule
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
seven (7) days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 for no shows or late cancellations.
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
There is no test for this class.
How to Apply:
Law Enforcement: Online Registration-LMS (Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
Questions: Contact LMS Help Desk |
Non Law Enforcement: Application
Course, Program or Policy Questions
Rev Jun 2016
||Start & End Date
||March 13, 2017
19010 1st Ave S, Burien
|Open / None
Priority to King CO agencies, open to all criminal justice/first responders.