Crisis Intervention Team-Youth, is an 8-hour class, designed to train police officers and mental health experts who have already been trained in the 40 hour, adult CIT model, and who have a role in CIT training in their department or region. This course will use the new youth-focused curriculum and add valuable tools to the CIT trained personnel at your department. CIT was developed by law enforcement for law enforcement.
CIT – Youth is a, 8-hour curriculum that addresses critical youth specific topics including:
- Adolescent development principles
- Youth mental health symptoms and disorders
- Crisis de-escalation and interventions skills and communication techniques
- Local service and resources linkages for youth (e.g., mental health and crisis)
Special Instructions #1:
- Commissioned law enforcement personnel will receive backfill reimbursement for their attendance at this training based on a backfill rate of $55/hour per MIDD contract. Agencies must complete a backfill reimbursement form to be eligible for the reimbursement. Lunch and breaks will be provided while attending this class as noted in the MIDD contract.
Overtime/Backfill for King County agencies only.
Special Instructions #2:
- King CSO personnel submit reimbursement forms directly to King CSO Advanced Training Office.
- Form listed below.
Overtime / Backfill Reimbursement
- Must have successfully completed a Crisis Intervention Team Training, Basic, 40HR, or other type of de-escalation type training (King County or Statewide).
Who can attend our classes?
- Open to agency personnel that have successfully completed a Crisis Intervention Team Training, Basic, 40HR (King County or Statewide).
Dress Code and Identification:
- Uniform, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for attending a WSCJTC class.
- Visible official ID is recommended (badges/agency IDs) while on campus.
- Off Campus classes may have dress requirements in the student instructions.
- One Day
- Dates Vary, Check Schedule
- Deadline: 7 days prior to class email
- Fee: $50 for no shows or late cancellations.
WSCJTC LMS – Please contact your Training Manager to get registered online via LMS for this course.
Registration status does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class, and you will receive a notice at that time.
Registration or Course Questions:
Interested in hosting a course or teaching?
Contact the program Manager:
Name: Rachelle Wright
Title: Program Manager
Rev Dec 2017
||Start & End Date
||August 02, 2018
19010 1st Ave S, Burien
|Open / None