"This class is provided in accordance with the Mental Illness and Drug Dependency (MIDD) Plan strategy #10a - Crisis Intervention Training Program for King County Sheriff, Police, Jail Staff, and Other First Responders."
Outside of King County: Crisis Intervention Team Training, Basic 40 HR, STATEWIDE, Course #8062
This 40-hour class is designed to educate law enforcement officers on issues related to becoming a Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) officer.
The course will cover the legal aspects of mental health commitments; liability issues; mental disorders; indicators of mental illness; understanding mental illness; documentation; the interpersonal relations necessary to effectively work with the mentally ill, their families, and the mental health system; and intervention strategies for dealing with both low and high risk situations.
Students will participate in role playing scenarios during this class.
Special Instructions #1:
- Commissioned law enforcement personnel will receive backfill reimbursement for their attendance at this training based on a backfill rate of $55/hour per MIDD contract. Agencies must complete a backfill reimbursement form to be eligible for the reimbursement.
- Lunch and breaks will be provided while attending this class as noted in the MIDD contract.
- Reimbursement available for all city and county law enforcement agencies in King County only.
Special Instructions #2:
- King CSO personnel must submit reimbursement forms directly to King CSO Advanced Training Office.
- Forms available at the bottom of this page.
Overtime / Backfill Reimbursement
Who can attend our classes?
- King County Sheriff, Police, Jail Staff, and Other First Responders in King County have priority. If space available, open to agencies statewide.
Dress Code and Identification:
- Uniform, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for attending a WSCJTC class.
- Visible official ID is recommended (badges/agency IDs) while on campus.
- Off Campus classes may have dress requirements in the student instructions.
- Dates Vary, Check Schedule
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
seven (7) days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 for no shows and late cancellations
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
There is no test for this class.
How to Apply:
Law Enforcement: Online Registration-LMS (Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
Questions: Contact LMS Help Desk |
Non Law Enforcement: Application
Course, Program or Policy Questions
Rev Nov 2015
||Start & End Date
||October 03 -06, 2016
19010 1st Ave S, Burien
|Full / None