The 40 hour Level II Instructor Course is a vital supplement to the 80 hour Level I Course.
While the Level I course focuses on core competencies necessary to instruct others in safe gun handling, handgun manipulation and marksmanship, the Level II course focuses on diagnosing shooter deficiencies.
The Level II course provides the current firearms instructor with the much needed tools to identify shooter deficiencies, whether it be trigger control, sighting issues or physical issue surrounding the proper use of the weapon. The course provides solutions once the firearms instructor identifies the deficiencies.
Note: During this course instructors are given the opportunity to diagnose deficiencies with shooters from the local area.
Subjects covered include:
- Develop the skills necessary to identify shooter deficiencies.
- Develop firearms training to correct those deficiencies.
- Develop motor learning components to correct shooter deficiencies.
- Begin development of maintaining fundamental skills while conducting scenario based training (new).
Course Material: A link to the manual and the course materials will be given when accepted to class, four weeks prior.
- Duty Handgun.
- Duty belt
- Stop watch.
- Instructor ballistic vest.
- Writing material.
- Eye Protection.
- Ear protection.
- Laptop computer.
- Fully functional non-firing red gun. (Glock 17R or similar)
- Baseball cap.
- 1,000 rounds practice ammo
- 100 rounds frangible
- A minimum of 25 dummy rounds
Prerequisite: Achieve passing score on WSCJTC Level I Handgun Course.
A shooting test will be administered by a qualified Firearms Instructor of your choice who has successfully completed Level One Handgun Instructors within three years or a Level One Handgun Instructor who has attended an update if their certification is older than three years. Click here for the pre-qualification test and here for skill test.
It is the student’s responsibility to have the Level 1 manual with them on the first day of class. A link will be sent one week prior to the class start date. The student is required to download to a computer or print the manual.Obtain and study the book below. Students must read and be prepared to identify components as the class progress.
1. Sport Skill Instructions for Coaches
2. Sport Psychology for Coaches
- Author Craig A. Wrisberg
- ISBN: 13:978-0-7360-3987-1
- Author Craig A. Wrisberg
- ISBN: 13:978-0-7360-3986-4
- Students are required to submit the following information with your application (either on-line or on the paper application):
- Make of duty weapon
- Model of duty weapon
- Caliber of duty weapon Dress Code & Identification:
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
Cost: $500 Applicants agency provides ammunition.
Recertification: To retain your certification, this class should be attended within 3 years of last certification.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
seven days prior to class.
- Non-cancelled “No shows” and failure to pass the entrance qualification will be charged the entire course fee.
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
How To Apply:
Course, and Registration Questions:
Online Registration-LMS (Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
LMS Help Desk |
Sacheie Coaxum |
Program, or Policy Questions:
Doug Tangen |
Revised December 2017
||Start & End Date
||May 07 -11, 2018
||Spokane Police Training Center
2302 North Waterworks
Spokane WA 99212
|Open / $500
||December 08 -12, 2018
19010 1st Ave S
Burien WA 99148
|Open / $500
SWING SHIFT SCHEDULE. Saturday - Wednesday, Non-cancelled no-shows will be charged $500