This course will provide the current shotguninstructor with the contemporary techniques and theories.
- Shotgun Instructor Manual Review.
- Shotgun deployment & manipulation exercises.
- Shotgun Marksmanship Qualifications.
- Introduce participants to contemporary techniques & theories for instruction.
REQUIRED equipment for EACH student:
- Agency-issued/approved shotgun pump or semi-auto, with sling and side saddle or other spare ammunition storage device capable of being attached to the weapon. All applicants should bring a duplicate spare shotgun.
- Duty handgun and Patrol duty belt with minimum of 3 magazines.
- Dummy training shotgun with sling (red or blue-ASP or Ring's).
- Eye protection (including clear glasses for night firing).
- Hearing protection - electronic headphones and earplugs.
- Copy of your agency's firearms policies.
- One duty flashlight and one backup.
- Weapon cleaning equipment.
- BDU type pants with cargo pockets.
- Baseball cap.
- Body armor.
- 10 dummy shotgun rounds.
- 250 rounds of 00 Buckshot (reduced recoil recommended for pumps).
- 100 slug rounds.
- 50 rounds of practice ammo for duty pistol.
The following equipment is recommended:
- Rain poncho/parka.
- Water bottle.
- Knee pads.
- Elbow pads.
Prerequisite: Patrol Shotgun #2013 and Handgun Update #2015 (#2015 within the last 3 years) or by permission of the WSCJTC Firearms Training Manager.
- A shooting test and manipulative skills test will be administered the morning of class.
- A passing score on the qualification shooting test will be needed for course completion.
- Students are required to submit the following information with your application (either on-line or on the paper application).
- Make of patrol shotgun.
- Model of patrol shotgun.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or clothing that is appropriate for classroom wear and range wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus.
Course Fee: $100
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
Submit Applications to:
Course, Program, or Policy Questions: