This class is a recertification of Firearms Patrol Rifle Instructor Course #2014 and is 8 hours in length and should be attended within 3 years of last certification.This course will provide the current rifle instructor with the contemporary techniques and theories.
- Introduce participants to contemporary techniques & theories for firearms instruction.
- Instruction on the use of duty optics.
- Instructor Manual Review
- Deployment & manipulation exercises
- Marksmanship Qualification
- A shooting test will be administered by a qualified Firearms Instructor of your choice who has successfully completed Level One Handgun Instructors within three years or a Level One Handgun Instructor who has attended an update if their certification is older than three years.
- A passing score on the qualification shooting test will be needed for course completion.
- Students are required to download or print the manual. It is the students responsibility to have the manual available to them on the first day of class. A link will be sent one week prior.
- Students are required to submit the following information with your application (either on-line or on the paper application).
- Model of patrol rifle.
- Caliber of patrol rifle.
Prerequisite: Patrol Rifle #2014 and Handgun Update #2015 (#2015 within the last 3 years), or by permission of the WSCJTC Firearms Training Manager
REQUIRED equipment for EACH student:
- Agency issued/approved rifle with agency optics and iron sights or just iron sights, sling (recommend tactical), optional light mount. All applicants will bring a duplicate spare rifle in case of weapon malfunction.
- Spare magazine carrier (either belt or weapon mounted)
- Minimum of 3 rifle magazines.
- Dummy training rifle with sling (red or blue plastic – ASP or Ring’s).
- Duty handgun and Patrol duty belt with a minimum of 3 pistol magazines.
- Eye protection (including clear glasses for night firing).
- Hearing protection – electronic headphones and earplugs.
- One duty flashlight and one backup.
- BDU type pants with cargo pockets.
- Baseball cap.
- Body armor.
- Laptop and flash drive
- 500 rounds for rifle
- 10 dummy rifle rounds
- 100 rounds duty pistol
- Rain poncho/parka.
- Water bottle.
- Knee pads.
- Elbow pads.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- One Day (see dates below)
- 08:00 am-05:00 pm
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
seven days prior to class.
- Non-cancelled “No Shows” and failure to pass the entrance qualification will be charged the entire course fee.
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
Application: Firearms Application
Submit Applications to:
Course, Program, or Policy Questions: