The DEPLOYMENT AWARENESS FOR TERT TEAM MEMBER (0746) class is for telecommunicators interested in becoming TERT members, or who want to gather more information about TERT and how TERT teams may be used. The eight hour course topics:
- Background/history of TERT
- Overview of Washington TERT (how it works)
- Preparation for TERT deployment
- Expectations for deployment
- Mental and physical preparation for deployment
- Overview of necessary interpersonal communication skills
- Group/Team dynamics
- Team Member role in a disaster environment
- Differences in disaster type
- Deploying in Washington State
APCO - NENA TERT ANSI Standard (PDF) - Available for OPTIONAL download.
Please Note: If submitting more than one application for your agency, please prioritize the order in which you would like them accepted. We encourage you to apply early as these courses tend to fill quickly.
TERT Team Member class is required prior to attending TERT Team Leader class.
- Currently employed at a recognized PSAP in the State of Washington
- & completed FEMA (or EMI's) IS 144 - for national TERT credentialing, IS 100, 200, & 700 – all online- also required
Who can attend our classes?
- Public safety telecommunicators employed at a recognized PSAP in the State of Washington.
- Employees from other call centers, government agencies or security departments will not be accepted.
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Dates and locations listed below.
- Notification to our office is required two (2) weeks before the start of class
- Student no shows or cancelations less than two (2) weeks before class are billed $125.
- Materials may be required to be returned to our office.
There is no test for this class.