In June 2017, the WSCJTC adopted new language regarding the requirements of training and certification of canine teams, you may review this language by clicking on WAC 139-05-915.
Information regarding I-502: (PDF)
CJTC Policy for Canine Certification Requirements (PDF)
Contact List for CJTC Certified Canine Evaluators (PDF)
- Patrol Dog Team Performance Standards (PDF)
- Explosive Detection Dog Team Standards (PDF)
- Explosive Detection - Elective - Open Air Detection (PDF)
- Narcotics Detection Dog Team Standards (PDF)
- CJTC Form 1950 - Application for Canine Team Certification (PDF)
- CJTC Form 1953 - Application for Certified Canine Team Evaluator (PDF)
- CJTC Form 1952 - Canine Team Disband Notification (PDF)
Interested in becoming a Certified CJTC Canine Evaluator?
Download the application from above and submit your packet prior to the dates listed below. Mailed in packets will not be accepted, packets must be submitted to
WAC updates: None at this time.
- February 26, 2018 to be heard before the Commission on March 14, 2018
- May 24, 2018 to be heard before the Commission on June 13, 2018
- August 27, 2018 to be heard before the Commission on September 12, 2018
- November 26, 2018 to be heard before the Commission on December 12, 2018
DOC Narcotic Dog Academy
For other K-9 Training, please view the Training home page under K.
Visit the K-9 Memorial
The memorial is located at the Burien WSCJTC campus. Dedicated January 31, 2003, it was sculpted by Zachary James Adam,
Troop 360 Lake Burien Presbyterian Eagle Scout Project.
View the names on the K-9 Memorial
K9 Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the requirements for certifying canine teams?
These requirements are set forth in WAC 139-05-915 and CJTC Policy, see above link.
Who is authorized to evaluate a canine team?
The criteria to be an evaluator is set forth in CJTC Policy, see above link.
What training/performance standards must be meet for state recognition?
The training standards are listed above. Please click on the specific standard you in the WAC, and the performance standards are available in PDF format.
How often must the team be certified?
CJTC Policy sets this standard.
Are Police Canine's exempt from quarantine?
Please review RCW 16.08.040 and RCW 4.24.410.
How can I get a "Word" version of a form or application?