The WSCJTC Instructor Certification Program is an internal program to prepare a person to teach our curriculum. We only certify instructors who are chosen and mentored to teach our classes. WSCJTC’s ICP program is NOT for outside instructors, mock scene raters, private security firearms instructors, reserve academy instructors and those teaching in-service, agency or regionally specific training.
As of March 1, 2015, the Instructor Certification Program is being evaluated and rewritten to more closely align it with the practices of WSCJTC. In the interim, the agency will use the CALEA monitoring and evaluation standard as certification criteria. That is:
- Program Managers or Supervisors will monitor and document current academy instructors and;
- Program Managers, Supervisors, or Experienced Instructors will evaluate and document new instructor certification applicants for:
- Instructor preparedness;
- Instructor knowledge of course material;
- Instructor presentation;
- Students’ responses to the instructor; and
- Instructor cadre team assessment
- In addition, ICP applicants will need to pass Instructor Development I or ask for a waiver because they have attended an equivalent in order to complete their certification process.
Steps to Apply for ICP:
- Contact the Program Manager of the program you are interested in instructing.
- Submit an application to the Program Manager, who will, if applicable, send you program specific documents.
- All arrangements for apprenticeships and evaluations are made with the Program Managers.
- Once your certification is approved by the Program Manager, your certificate will be issued by the ICP Coordinator.
ICP Links and Forms:
Contacting the WSCJTC:
For program specific questions, please contact the program manager.
For general questions, the ICP Program can be reached at