State Mandated Regulations:
- The term “Middle Management” means a position between a first-level supervisory position and an executive position for which commensurate pay is authorized and is occupied by an individual who, in the upward chain of command, principally is responsible for the direct supervision of supervisory employees of an agency and/or command duties
- RCW 43.101.350---Core Training Requirements for Law Enforcement Personnel
- All law enforcement personnel initially hire to, transferred to, or promoted to a supervisory or management position on or after January 1, 1999, shall, within the first six months of entry into the position, successfully complete the core training requirements prescribed by rule of the commission for the position, or obtain a waiver or extension of the core training requirements from the commission.
- The term “law enforcement personnel” means any public employee or volunteer having as a primary function the enforcement of criminal laws in general or any employee or volunteer of, or any individual commissioned by, any municipal, county, state, or combination thereof, agency having as its primary function the enforcement of criminal laws in general as distinguished from an agency possessing peace officer powers, the primary function of which is the implementation of specialized subject matterFor the purposes of this subsection “primary function” means that function to which the greater allocation of resources is made.
- The corrections personnel of the state and all counties and municipal corporations transferred or promoted to a supervisory or management position on or after January 1, 1982, shall engage in supervisory and/or management training which complies with standards adopted by the commission pursuant to *RCW 43.101.160. The training shall be successfully completed prior to or within the first six months of employment, unless otherwise extended or waived by the commission, and shall be requisite to the continuation of employment.
- The term "correctional personnel" means any employee or volunteer who by state, county, municipal, or combination thereof, statute has the responsibility for the confinement, care, management, training, treatment, education, supervision, or counseling of those individuals whose civil rights have been limited in some way by legal sanction.
Part of the Career Level Certification Series. This class is 40 hours in length. Topic areas to be covered during this course include, but are not limited to:
- The Team Charter
- Conflict Management
- Creative Decision Making
- Simulation game
- Team Tools
- Team Development Model
- Team Dynamics
- This course is limited to middle-level managers only and requires completion of First Level Supervisors, Course #4127
Dress Code & Identification:
Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- A current organizational chart must be submitted with all completed leadership applications. Incomplete applications or applications submitted without an organizational chart will not be processed and will be returned by mail to the submitting agency.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent 4 weeks prior to the start of the class
- Non-Mandated Student Access:
- If you plan on attending a middle management course, the cost is $200 per Non-Mandated attendee. Cost covers materials and instructor fees. Lodging, travel and meals are the attendee’s responsibility.
- Non-mandated students may be accepted on a space available fee paid basis after all mandated student applications are received.
- Non-mandated students who are accepted may receive short notice of the acceptance.
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm (40 hour class)
- Dates and locations listed below
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
||Start & End Date
||December 12 -16, 2016
19010 1st Ave S. Burien
|Open / None
$200 for Non-Mandated/Free for Mandated
||January 23 -27, 2017
19010 First Ave S
|Open / None
Mandated- FREE, Non Mandated $200
||May 15 -19, 2017
19010 First Ave S
|Open / None
Mandated-FREE, Non-mandated $200
||July 10 -14, 2017
19010 First Ave