The Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission (WSCJTC), and the University of Wisconsin-Platteville (UWP) have forged a partnership to offer online educational opportunities to criminal justice professionals for career development.
The Online First Level Supervision 80 hour course focuses on the role and function of the first-line supervisor in criminal justice agencies. Participants will examine the importance of leadership styles; supervisory skills; functions and practices; communication skills; and motivation and team building in the development of line personnel. Once completed, the student will have completed their 40 hour core and 40 hour career level certification (CLC) electives. The following are the core components:
- Role of the Supervisor: Essentials of High Performance Supervision
- Basic Planning, Time Management and Change Management
- Supervisory and Team Leadership
- Supervisor Functions in Organizational Administration
- Dynamic Communication Skills and Stress Management
- Personnel Leadership
- Ethics in Law Enforcement Management
- Crisis Management and Critical Incident Management
- This course is limited to first-level supervisors only
- Selections for this course will be made four weeks prior to the course start date.
- At that time CJTC will mail you the text book required for the course and begin setting up your login and password through the University of Wisconsin.
- The login and password information comes to you directly from the University. If you have any questions please contact the Program Manager.
- Non-mandated cost is $450
***Is this class full or not available? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.